When we are getting a big family meal going on the weekends, one thing I'm usually responsible for is The Carly Salad. It's basically a big ol' green salad with whatever yummy chopped veggies we have on hand. Some of my faves to include are: cucumbers, bell pepper, red onion, and avocado. Yummy croutons are also a must.
But the secret is the dressing!
I threw this dressing together a few years ago and have perfected the measurements over time.
I have a salad dressing shaker (like this) so I just put all the ingredients right in and shake shake shake. Then you're ready to enjoy a delicious salad! It's super light but also zingy and is a great side to any meal.
Carly’s Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup canola/veggie oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Splash of white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 heaping Tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- 5 cloves of minced garlic (less if you’re not a garlic person, but let’s be real, the more garlic the better-- am I right?!)
- Pinch of salt & pepper to taste and add accordingly
- If you want to be fancy and add a little freshness you can add a squeeze of lemon juice or some of the zest as well!